1 cup soft butter
1 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
4 tbs skim milk
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C.
2. Mix flour, salt and baking powder.
3. Cream butter and sugar until pale, smooth and light. Beat in the eggs one at a time, folding in a spoonful of flour after each addition, then add the vanilla extract. Fold in the rest of the flour and finally add the rosemary.
4. Thin the batter with the milk - you're aiming for a soft, dropping consistency.
5. Pour the batter into a buttered (or lined with parchment paper) 450 g loaf tin.
6. Cook for 60 minutes or a bit longer, until a cake-tester comes out clean.
7. Leave to cool in its tin on a wire rack. When completely cold, unmould and wrap well in foil until you need to eat it.
8. Keeps well for a few days.