1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup dessicated coconut
2-3 tbs milk
1. Beat butter and sugar till creamy.
2. Mix in the eggs one at a time followed by vanilla till smooth.
3. Mix in the flour followed by coconut till just come together but not overmixed.
4. Fold in the milk gently till no streaks of flour or milk is seen.
5. Pour into prepared cupcake moulds and bake in preheated oven at 180 C for 15-20 minutes till done when tested. Let cool on wire rack.
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1. While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting. Beat butter, cream cheese and icing sugar till creamy and light.
2. Fold in the flaked coconut till you get a smooth consistency.
3. Gently slather the frosting generously onto the cooled cupcakes with a small spatula or use a piping bag if you have one to decorate the cupcake.
Makes 18 cupcakes