1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1. Sift together the flour, salt and sugar. Set aside.
2. Cream the butter and soft cheese together till ilight and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients till well combined.
3. Scrape the dough onto plastic wrap and press into a flat disk. Then, double rap the dough and refrigerate overnight.
4. To use, roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle about 12 x 16 inches. Then, cut into two 6 x 16 pieces.
5. Fill as desired with the long side facing you, and roll up. Wrap the dough in wrap again and chill for 30 minutes. Or, if you want, you can freeze the log to use later in the week.
6. To cook, slice the log into 1-inch cross sections, and place each little round about 1 inch apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake at 180 C for about 15 minutes, or until the dough is a light golden brown. Allow the pinwheels to cool for about 15 minutes before serving. They will keep up to 4 days, depending on your filling.