No, that is not an exaggeration. Well maybe a little but it is still the biggest cookie I've ever made. The site I got the recipe from is Clumbsy Cookie. I never thought of using yeast in cookies before but this made a believer out of me and it was one of the best cookies I ever made. It's perfectly crunchy and crisp outer shell and soft chewy center is the most perfect type of cookie I love and have finally found the magic ingredient. I altered the measurements slightly from the original recipe and my cookies are a lot flatter than the original had intended, but no less yummy!
Large Yeast Leavened Chocolate Chip Cookies
6 tbs butter
5 tbs brown sugar
5 tbs caster sugar
8 tbs bread flour (I used plain flour to no ill effects)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp instant yeast
2/3 dark chocolate chips
1/3 toasted chopped walnuts
1. Cream butter and both sugars till fluffy.
2. Add egg and salt and mix together till incorporated thoroughly.
3. Mix the flour and yeast in a separate bowl till well incorporated.
4. Mix the flour with the batter mixture and stir well till no streaks of flour is visible.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts. The dough should be neither sticky nor dry.
6. Divide the dough into four medium-large mounds on the grease paper. Keep them sort of raggedy and not too well rounded. You want them kind of rustic looking.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 190 C for 10 minutes then lower the temp to 180 C and bake for a further 10 minutes.
8. Cool on sheets for about 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.