2 cups self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp instant espresso or coffee powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
6 tbs unsalted butter
1 cup low fat yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp matcha powder
1. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. In a smaller bowl, combine espresso powder, cocoa and 1/3 cup of the sugar with 1/4 cup of water. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and the rest of the sugar in another large bowl. Mix in the egg and vanilla when it's creamed enough.
4. Mix half of the flour mixture with the batter till well combined followed by half of the yoghurt. Fold in the remaining flour mixture and the yoghurt till well combined.
5. Scoop out 1 1/2 cups of the batter and mix into the cocoa mixture.
6. Mix the matcha powder with the rest of the batter in the large bowl.
7. Fill the bottom of the loaf pan with about 3/4 of the matcha batter placed in dollops. Spoon the chocolate batter over the green batter in dollops. Cover the chocolate with the rest of the green batter in small dollops. Use a knife and run the batter through to create a marbling effect in a circular pattern. Be careful not to blend them too much.
8. Bake in the preheated oven at 180 C for 45-50 minutes and the cake starts to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in comes out clean. Let cool for 10-15 minutes on a rack then slice into thick pieces.