breadey cake and cakey bread

It's been a dry spell but I'm back.


Been trying out some new cake slash bread recipes and made an Elvis inspired pound cake from Muffin Top. It was a bit on the dry side and I actually halved the massive recipe which could have been the reason for it being dry but I think it was quite good overall, especially the day after.


This yeasted coffee cake had plums in them and tasted really yummy actually. It's my first time in a long, long time that I used yeast since and I was really happy with the results. I would like to make it again but using other fresh fruit like maybe berries, apples, or pears. It was very much a bread but the top was crumbly and sweet which was more like a crumble or cobbler cake topping. The plums gave it that zesty tartness that went together prettily.

No comments: