The edible, sweet and chocolatey type of course. This new type of blondies is a modified version from this website. It's full of chocolate chips and coconut goodness all filled in a generous square sized portion. They're sweet but not so overpowering that the coconut can't be hinted at and the edges are really crumbly that they remind me of shortbread cookies.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips plus some for studding
1/3 cup desiccated coconut plus some for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare greased baking tray.
2. Cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix.
3. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt till batter comes together.
4. Add chocolate chips and coconut till well combined.
5. Spread the batter onto prepared baking tray and top with the remaining chocolate chips and coconut.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes till browned on top.
7. Let cool and slice into squares. Makes about 12 squares.