1 pot of plain yoghurt (125 ml)
2 very ripe medium bananas (mashed)
2 yogurt pots of sugar
3 yogurt pots of plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1. Mix the mashed bananas with the yoghurt till well blended.
2. Beat until smooth and then add the eggs one by one, beating after each one until smooth.
3. Gradually add the sugar and then the rest of the dry ingredients.
4. Pour the batter into lined cupcake molds, filling them 2/3 of the way.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 180 C for 20 minutes, until golden on top and cooked through. Test with a wooden toothpick to make sure: if it comes out wet, the cakes are not done.
The texture of the cupcakes was really interesting and not like any cupcakes I've ever made. If left for a few days, they actually got quite a bit sticky but once heated up, they tasted the same as when they first came out of the oven. Overall, a really quick and lovely cupcake recipe for when you've got overripe bananas and leftover yoghurt to use them up.