Apple and Coconut Crisp
2 cups not-too-sweet apples (peeled, cored and quartered)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup plain flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup butter (melted)
1. Beat the eggs with sugar until foamy and pale.
2. Mix flour and coconut, and fold into the egg mixture.
3. Gently stir in the melted and cooled butter.
4. Layer the apples in a greased 25 cm oven dish, so the bottom would be covered.
5. Pour the batter over the apples and bake in a preheated 200 C oven for about 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Take out of the oven, and cool a little. Serve lukewarm with vanilla ice cream, crème anglaise or lightly whipped cream.